Monday, November 06, 2006

Fallen from Grace?

As I watched the news reports this morning about Ted Haggard the caption was: "Fallen From Grace" It occurred to me as I watched the report that Ted has NOT fallen from Grace but has indeed FALLEN FROM LEGALISM! It is the wretchedness of trying to relate to Father God though his behavior and so called self control of his true humaness that Ted has denied all his life that has caused this so called fall. If the church had taught the Gospel of Grace and Peace instead of another Gospel as Paul called it then Ted indeed would have been able to embrace who he really is from the beginning and he would not have had to live a lie and deceive all his life. The only question that remains is will Ted now fall into Grace and embrace who he is and what Jesus did or will he fall deeper into legalism and works of righteousness though his flesh?
Stay Tuned.......................

Peace
Geo

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In the letter Haggard wrote to his congregation, announcing his resignation, he made this statement:

" 'The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem,' Haggard wrote. 'I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life.' "

After reading this quote, I'm curious to see how it all ends up.

12:53 PM  
Blogger SteveW said...

You and I are thinking a like again. (see my post)

Christians force themselves to live such artificial lives.

2:52 PM  
Blogger shelly said...

If he's being counseled by James Dobson (someone I consider to be the epitome of heterosexism and homophobia), I don't know if I hold out much hope for him accepting and embracing who he is. :(

That's quite sad, especially considering that a lot of Christians seem to consider homosexuality to be akin to the unpardonable sin (even though, in truth, there's really nothing in scripture against it, and the Gospels don't mention it at all).

Steve's quote is very appropriate, and sooo true.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Geo said...

I agree Shelly.
It seems a though he is going the path of the flesh still by "submitting" to Dobson and his ilk. Two weeks before this happened I told my wife that I believed that Dobson himself is a closted gay and that is the reason he fights the way he does. If these guys would just accept the Cross and themselves then their hearts and minds would be at rest. But alas they have empires and kingdoms to protect all of which belong to them and their self-righteous beliefs and not to the One they claim to believe in.

Peace
Geo

7:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Geo

I think it is unfair to assume the guy is Gay. If a man or woman has an insatiable sexual appetite does that mean they just live they way they feel and does our sexual appetite define who we are??? and what is being who he really is what is that??

Lori

1:54 PM  
Blogger Trailady said...

The media is extremely unforgiving-espeically of religious leaders who show poor judgement.

I agree with you whole-heartedly! Perhaps, now Ted will learn to rely on Jesus and not on his own good intentions. I fear that because of the hideous reaction from the Christian community who once idolized him that he may despair and turn away from God altogether. I hope this will not be the case. The gossip, gluttony and dishonesty that go on in secret are no less sin than what Mr. Haggard did.

ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

The flesh will fail, but the spirit will prevail with God on our side.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home